Inversion Whopper

Have it my way

Artist – Bruce Plante

In other news, the Pew Research Center went in search of libertarians and they had a hard time finding any. Apparently only 11 percent of Americans correctly identify themselves as libertarian while more identify themselves as such but don’t know what it means.

That makes some sense. There’s a low ceiling on the number of people who can remain true believers well into their latter years. Many more flirt with the idea in their youth before realizing that it’s all bullshit.

This entry was posted in Food, Open Thread, Poll, Taxes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Clusterpuck

    Modern Libertarian= too embarrassed to admit they’re a Republican.

    • D_C_Wilson

      A libertarian is basically a republican who likes pot.

  • j hentai

    modern republican: you people clean up after me, and if you look like michael brown feel lucky that you’re not shot dead (yet).

  • Axomamma

    I heard about this on NPR. Apparently the long term downside for BK is the effect their and other corporations’ inversions will be lack of government revenue to do anything, including infrastructure. That is probably true, but I think BK should be more worried about their bottom line. I certainly won’t be eating there again. If this deal happens, I doubt I will be the only one refusing to enter their doors. I guess they are jealous of all the bad attention McDonalds has been getting and want some for themselves.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Everyone I know, and I mean everyone, from right-wingers to left-wingers and everyone in between, with views and opinions and understandings of history and the law and government as wide and diverse as you could possibly imagine, describes him or herself in one or both of two ways:

    1. “moderate,” “centrist,” “non-partisan,” “middle-of-the-road,” “dislike both parties,” “both sides are just as bad”;

    2. “fiscally conservative but socially liberal.”

    The reality is, labels like “left” and “right,” “liberal” and “conservative,” &c. don’t mean anything anymore because no one knows what they mean, and more to the point, no one can or does accurately describe or identify what they actually are. Everyone thinks they’re (1) and/or (2), everyone describes themselves as (1) and/or (2), but talk to them for five minutes or read one blog comment they’ve written and it’s clear they’re nothing of the kind.

    Ultimately it boils down to which team you root for, the Red Team or the Blue Team. Everything else is vacuous, unreasoned, rhetorical nonsense.

    I root for the Blue Team. I can give you several reasons why. But beyond that, I won’t label myself as anything. I think a person can either label himself as something, or actually try to understand history, law and public policy, but can’t do both.