It’s Good to Be the King

KingBurger

Artist – Pat Bagley

In other news, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett (R) wants to change the state’s liquor laws because women need to go to the grocery and make dinner.

Not kidding.

Meanwhile, Georgia Governor Nathan Deal (R) wrongly assumes that Hispanic people are undocumented.

Why does the Republican party have such a hard time attracting women and minorities? I can’t quite put a finger on it. It must be because they haven’t properly communicated their message. Yeah, that’s it.

  • Kennet

    I think the Corbett thing is a bit of a stretch (assuming that the clip is all he’s said, it is all I’ve seen.) Having grown up in PA with its awful state store system, and now living in TN where anything under 6% ABV can be solid in Kroger’s and Exxons alike, what I’m hearing is more about convenience than gender. More access to booze isn’t exactly a republican pillar, either.

    I’m willing to concede that he very well might have ass-backwards beliefs about gender roles but he didn’t lead with an “a woman’s place” comment. Feels like the headlines are inferring a lot more than he actually said.

    The GOP certainly is tone-deaf though, that is when they’re not actively assaulting women and people of color. No doubt about that.

    • JMAshby

      “I think a lot of people want to be able to walk into a grocery store. Particularly, a lot of the women…”

      I didn’t infer anything. He leads with women going to the grocery buying booze to go with dinner that they’re making. Yes, for convenience. But why say “particularly women…?”

      I’m a guy and I go to the grocery three times a week by myself. So do many men, but he led with women.