Man Who is Wrong About Everything Continues to Be Wrong

BillKristol

William “The Bloody” Kristol apparently doesn’t keep track of current events because on The Laura Ingraham Show yesterday he called for bombing campaign while casually dismissing those who have concerns about escalation.

“We’re underestimating the ability of what the use of force — even from the air, even with some people on the ground to help out — how much that could do.”

After mimicking his fellow talking heads who suggest that perhaps it’s best to have a national debate before using military force, Kristol then said: “What’s the harm of bombing [ISIS] at least for a few weeks and seeing what happens? I don’t think there’s much in the way of unanticipated side effects that could be bad there. We could [kill] a lot of very bad guys.”

Yeah. Let’s just “see what happens.” I can remember thinking that once when I was a child preparing to kick over an ant hill.

This a misnomer because we’ve already begun bombing ISIS, but in any event Bill Kristol is one of the last men on the planet who should feel qualified to chime in on the consequences of the use of force.

Recent history tells us that when Kristol asks ‘what could go wrong’ the answer is everything.

Personally I don’t object to the action we’ve taken in Iraq in recent weeks, but Bill Kristol shouldn’t dismiss those who have concerns while blood from the last war is still dripping from his maw.

I live with the relative comfort of knowing that the current administration is far more mindful than the previous administration of the consequences of every action they take. That they are not flying by the seat of their pants. That no one in the current White House is asking if we should just drop a few bombs and “see what happens.”

This entry was posted in Iraq, Wingnuts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Steve Benen pointed out this morning that William “WRONG!” Kristol seems not to be aware that the US is in fact already bombing ISIS targets (Benen notes the number of bombing sorties is known to be 93).

    Kristol seems to want more, perhaps something along the lines of turning the parts of Iraq held by ISIS into the proverbial glass parking lot. Or perhaps he’s simply doing what Righties do and mindlessly complaining about Barack Obama.

    Regardless, Kristol is a bloodthirsty lunatic.

      As far as I know the number of bombing as of this evening is now 101.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I think what Billy Kristol really wants is to go all Dr. Strangelove and just nuke the entire area.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Is it just me, or does anyone else see this….

    What’s the harm of bombing [ISIS] at least for a few weeks and
    seeing what happens? I don’t think there’s much in the way of
    unanticipated side effects that could be bad there.

    …as really kind of sick and sociopathic?

    First of all, how do you “bomb” a group of people if they’re not, you know, all in the same place at the same time? How would you, for example, “bomb the ACLU”? Or “bomb the NRA”? Or “bomb the NFL”? It makes no sense to talk about bombing a group/organization. You can bomb a building or other location where you think members of that group might be. But if you do that you’re not really bombing the group; you’re bombing the building and anyone who might be in it or near it, whether they’re members of the group or not.

    Why does no one get this? YOU CAN’T BOMB A GROUP.

    Jeebus fleebing cripes on a popsicle stick. This guy is saying we can just drop some bombs, destroy a lot of things, and kill a lot of people, without any “unanticipated side effects that could be bad there”?

    Are we F***ING INSANE???

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Just people, like Kristol.

    • muselet