Nice Things and Why We Can’t Have Them

via ThinkProgress

According to a new poll conducted by Harvard researchers, about 40 percent of Americans are anticipating an Ebola outbreak on U.S. soil within the next 12 months. And about 25 percent report that they’re concerned someone in their immediate family will catch it. Those beliefs are likely fueled by the fact that two thirds of the people surveyed said they believe Ebola can be “easily” transmitted from infected people.

I assume we can thank fearmongers who blew a gasket when Americans infected with Ebola were brought home for treatment for at least some of these numbers.

The good news is it’s doubtful anyone in the current administration will recommend that you protect yourself with plastic sheeting and duct tape.

This entry was posted in Poll, Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_a_c

    Poll: people are stupid.

    Next poll, please.

    • j hentai

      next poll: they still are.

      • Toolymegapoopoo

        Final Poll results: Stupid people like answering poll questions.

        • j hentai

          true. mr. gallup wonders why this is true?

      • Jone_of_Snark

        And that Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

  • 1933john

    Not to worry, the sky will fall well before then.

  • muselet

    Well, in addition to those fearmongers—take a bow, Donald Trump!—there have also been the fearmongers who have insisted those Central American refugees might be carrying Ebola, probably starting (there may be some AM-radio yakker who said it earlier) with Phil Gingrey—take a bow, clownshoe!

    And of course our glorious news media’s producers and show bookers don’t have actual scientists’ contact information in their Rolodexes, so the voices of reason don’t get heard.

    It’s disappointing but not really surprising that the public isn’t well-informed.

    –alopecia

  • 1933john

    May I offer this formula:

    A/2 + O x B – F = E