Rand Paul on Obamacare: If We Win I’ll Vote to Repeal “the Whole Thing”

bcs_rand_ron_paul

What will happen if Republicans take control of the Senate following the November elections?

Well, for starters, they’ll probably vote to repeal Obamacare before they do anything else according to Rand Paul.

“If we won, I think you would see a vote for repeal, and I would vote to repeal the whole thing,” said Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky and a presumed presidential candidate. “I have a feeling he won’t sign that. Then you start trying to see what he will sign.”

With hundreds of thousands of people enrolling in Obamacare in Kentucky, it’s one of the law’s greatest success stories and Rand Paul says he would vote to repeal “the whole thing.”

Read that again. Rand Paul says he will vote to repeal “the whole thing.”

That includes the expansion of Medicaid.

That includes Kynect, Kentucky’s health insurance exchange.

That includes subsidies.

That also includes eliminating pre-existing conditions, charging women more, dropping you if you get sick, and jacking your rate up if you get sick. Among many other things.

Repealing “the whole thing” means going back to the way things were prior to 2010.

As Rand Paul hits the campaign trail for his partner in crime Mitch McConnell, Kentucky voters should know that both McConnell and Paul want to take it all away from you.

This entry was posted in Healthcare, Rand Paul and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Badgerite

    Ralph Nader’s idea of a progressive!

    • Scopedog

      Sad, but so very (scarily) true.

  • muselet

    Rand Paul says he will vote to repeal “the whole thing.”

    Because freedumb! Or something.

    Rand Paul is not a serious person.

    –alopecia

  • Nefercat

    Well, my jackass representative, “Dr.” Dan Benishek, is busily bragging about how he has introduced bills to keep young adults on their parents’ insurance until age 26, and to keep insurance companies from kicking you off your insurance if you get sick.

    Isn’t that wonderful? Isn’t he great? He left out of the press release that these bills are “contingent on repeal of the ACA.”

    In other words,
    1) He is wasting our tax dollars proposing to solve problems that have already been solved by President Obama and the ACA,.

    2) Like other republican reptiles, he sees the handwriting on the wall and knows damned well that people will not give up their Obamacare benefits.

    3) So they will go ahead and repeal it, pass the things that everyone likes, and then gasp horrified at the president who refuses to sign these fine bills into law, and brag about how *they* care enough about health care reform to pass bills.

    4) They will never ever ever admit that any of the things they desperately try to pass before repeal sinks in and people realize what they lost, were in the ACA to begin with.

  • Christopher Foxx

    As Rand Paul hits the campaign trail for his partner in crime Mitch McConnell, Kentucky voters should know that both McConnell and Paul want to take it all away from you.

    Should be the 72 point bold font headline on every piece of campaign material any challenger to Rand makes.

  • 1933john

    Rand would have to stand on his Daddy’s
    shoulders just to kiss Obama’s ass, both
    metaphorically and physically.
    As a matter of fact, so would the rest of
    the GOP herd.
    On second thought, strike-out “herd”
    and add “flock”.

    PS: How in the hell do you guys do
    “strike-outs” on these dumb keyboards?

    • muselet

      A little (extremely) basic HTML (I don’t speak HTML even as a second language and the average chimp understands it better than I): use [strike] and [/strike] around the text you want in strike-out, replacing the square brackets with angle brackets (shift-comma and shift-period).

      Easy-peasy.

      –alopecia

  • DetroitSam

    Bet the excuses for media in KY don’t talk about this.