Rick Perry: Common Sense Tells You Immigrants Might Be ISIS

RickPerryMugshot

Is it possible that the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) will infiltrate America through our southern border?

Texas Governor Rick Perry was asked that question today at the Heritage Foundation and he says they may already be here. Gasp!

PERRY: “Certainly there a great concern that the border between the United States and Mexico is un-secure, and we don’t know who’s using that. What I will share with you is that we’ve seen historic high levels of individuals from countries with terrorist ties over the course of the last months.” [...]

“There’s the obvious great concern that, because of the condition of the border from the standpoint of it not being secure and us not knowing who’s penetrating across, that individuals from ISIS and other terrorist states could be — and I think there’s a very real possibility that they may have already used that. We have no clear evidence of that. But your common sense tells you, when we’ve seen the number of criminal activities that have occurred — and I’m talking about the assault, the rapes, the murders by individuals that have come into this country illegally over the last five years — the idea that they would not be looking at and managing any of those types of tacts from that region is not a good place to be.”

We have no clear evidence of this, but here’s some speculative bullshit that will sound really sexy to right wing hatriots.

I would be remiss not to point out that the “criminal activities” that have occurred in recent years include the activities of Rick Perry.

(photo credit: Austin Police Department)

This entry was posted in Immigration, Rick Perry, Terrorism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/ Ipecac

    Not only ISIS, but SPECTRE, The Legion of Doom, and some have found armor bearing the white hand of Saruman.

    Flee! Flee for your lives!

  • muselet

    Rick Perry’s confusion is easy to understand. All those brown people look alike, don’t’cha know.

    (And again, the Right has been banging the “terrorists are coming over our southern border!” drum for at least a couple of years, so Perry is late to the game. Clearly, this is still a fruitful line of fear-mongering, but I’d have thought someone at one of those Righty think tanks would have come up with some new shtick by now. Guess creativity is too much like work for them.)

    Shorter Rick Perry: All brown people are the same and they’re dangerous.
    Does this count as part of the GOP’s new outreach to minority voters?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Rick Perry explaining his idea of common sense. Sounds like he’s trippin’ on his own meds again.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Only over the last 5 years. Things were hunky-dory at the border until then.