Scott Brown’s Obamacare Replacement is Romneycare

LiveFreeorLogOn

Scott Brown tells New Hampshire Public Radio that he wants to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something he already voted on in the past: Romneycare.

We need to repeal Obamacare and we need to put in place something that works for us. Something that allows us to address all the things that you and others are concerned about. There’s no reason why we can’t do it and also respecting our rights and freedoms and also doing it more competitively. I look at the VA right now and look at Obamacare. The VA is Obamacare in a couple of years with the top heavy bureaucratic nightmare. [...]

We need competition. We don’t have any competition. All of those things that you’re talking about, we can have good, smart people like you at the table and others at the table to determine what’s important for us and that is one thing that is important to me. I’ve already voted on something like that. I would continue to support that and I’m sure it’s important for other people.

As I’m sure you know, Romneycare and Obamacare are very similar and to say you support one but not the other is nonsensical.

It didn’t work for Mitt Romney in 2012. Actually I believe you could say it backfired on Romney because the harder he ran against Obamacare the easier it became to show how his current position was contradictory to the position he held when he personally pushed Romneycare.

In his interview with NHPR you can see that Brown also struggles to say how his position is different while also denying that he would roll back important aspects of Obamacare. It’s difficult to have it both ways without looking like a disingenuous horse’s ass.

When Scott Brown entered the race earlier this year he said that voters have a choice: they can either live free or log on.

“Along with our money and our health plans, for a lot of us, it feels like we’re losing our liberty, too. Obamacare forces us to make a choice, live free or log on — and here in New Hampshire, we choose freedom.”

Scott Brown’s new plan (national Romenycare) would also seemingly require that you log on.

Why does Scott Brown hate freedumb?

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Scott Brown has to attack the hated Obamacare because that’s what the base demands. So he has his anti-Obamacare talking points—including the apples-to-mushrooms comparison to the VA—all teed up and ready to go. Too bad they make no sense.

    –alopecia

  • http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/ Ipecac

    Geez, that is so stupid. Let’s repeal something and then pass something that would be essentially the same but require us to start from square one. What a disingenuous dumbass.

    I’m sure he knows that it’s nonsense, but he’s so cynical (and face it, his base is that stupid) that he knows they won’t understand what he’s actually saying.

  • Hemidemisemiquaver

    Perhaps the solution is for Brown to never again utter “Obamacare,” replacing it with “Romneycare.” Or perhaps “Obamneycare.”

    60+ days until Shaheen sends McDreamy packing.

  • 1933john

    If I may, I will decode:
    Romney, white man.
    Obama, he be black.

  • swift_4

    Was in NH recently. Would not be surprised if they fell for Scott Brown. When Scott Brown was a State Legislator, he spoke intelligibly, and made sense. The higher up the Republican chain he gets, the more insane he sounds. But he’s smart enough to know he looks like the Republican vision of a President, so he’ll do whatever he has to do to get back in the Senate.

    And what he has to do is take a whole bunch of money and do whatever that money tells him to when he gets to the Senate. If you’re in New Hampshire, I would recommend reading out loud the print version of anything Scott Brown says. When you aren’t looking at the Presidential face and hearing the smooth tones, you’ll realize that he’s just spurting out buzzwords and catch phrases.