Self-Parody

Today NRA News tells us that blind people with guns aren’t as big of a threat as you think they are because pseudo-science says they may actually see better than you do.

I’m barely paraphrasing.

Every law-abiding, blind individual should be able to have whatever guns they want. And if you disagree with that statement, you haven’t thought it all the way through and you don’t take your rights seriously enough. [...]

Do you think because they’re blind, they’re going to start shooting in every direction and kill everyone? Fact is, it’s been proven that people that lack vision have an increased awareness of their hearing and spatial surroundings.”

Blind people should be able to have “whatever guns they want” and if you disagree you just haven’t thought about it very much. Now here’s some bullshit.

What could go wrong?

(H/T TPM)

This entry was posted in Gun Fetishists, Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    WTF?!! Do they think all blind people are like Daredevil?

    • http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/ Ipecac

      Yes.

  • BlueTrooth

    Well, if there were standardized tests before being LICENSED to own guns, blind people would have the opportunity to show their increased awareness! Bonus! The NRA wouldn’t be making this dumbass video :)

  • Badgerite

    I’ll see your crazy and raise you a WTF.
    In Texas and Michigan the blind can hunt. And in Michigan they can hunt with out being accompanied by a sited person.

    • muselet

      “This video does not exist.”

      Also, yikes.

      –alopecia

      • Badgerite

        Yeah. I tried to post a You Tube video of the incomparable David Sedaris and his Thoughts on America, in which he mentions the hunting laws in Michigan and Texas. Also the beginning of Six to Eight Black Men.
        Also a classic. If you haven’t seen them, go to You Tube and check them out. Yes, they do exist. I just couldn’t post them.

        • muselet

          I think—note the emphasis, I could be wrong—if you post the complete URL in a comment, Disqus does the donkey work and links the YouTube video (assuming the gerbils powering Disqus are in a good mood). I know it does that if you use an tag.

          –alopecia

          • Badgerite

            That’s what I tried but I might have gotten some digit or something wrong. Thanks, though. Usually that works. This time it didn’t.

          • muselet

            Blame Disqus. It makes you feel better and there’s a roughly fifty-fifty chance of it actually being true. :^)

            –alopecia

          • Badgerite

            :>)

  • muselet

    Whenever I see one of these videos, I imagine Rom Raso—or whichever commentator it was who’s just delivered two and a half minutes of nonsense into a camera—walking off set and muttering, “I’m an actor, dammit. I studied acting for years, did crappy productions of Shakespeare, even had a line in an episode of NCIS and now I’m reduced to this. Where did I go wrong?”

    Or maybe they don’t care what lines they have to say as long as the checks clear.

      Or maybe they don’t care what lines they have to say as long as the checks clear.

      Bingo.

      • muselet

        “What, and leave show business?”

        –alopecia