The Way Backward

“Do you want to deport me and my sister?”

That was the question an activist asked Paul Ryan at a book-signing for The Way Foward on Saturday and Ryan’s response was quintessential.

“A couple weeks ago you voted for defunding DACA. It would put me and my sister up for deportation and we just had a question: do you want to deport me and my sister?”

RYAN: Thanks for coming. Read my book.

“We read it but do you want to deport me and my sister?”

RYAN: I want you to read the book.

Mister Ryan, are you one of the lizard people?

“Read my book.”

The brother and sister pair who initially asked Ryan if he wanted to deport them was escorted away by a police officer.

Another man attempted to ask a similar question and was quickly whisked away by Ryan’s staff but not before snapping a photo with Ryan and his shit-eating grin. And since Paul Ryan wouldn’t answer their questions, we can all answer on his behalf. And the answer is yes, he does want to deport them.

Behind Ryan’s best Madame Tussauds grin is a man who views minorities and the poor with contempt.

Ryan’s views on the matter have been annually telegraphed in his policy proposals and interviews off the beaten path where he has revealed his reverence for the likes of Charles Murray and Ayn Rand. His views are evident in the votes he has taken including his recent vote to end deferred action.

When Ryan is referred to as a “wonk” by the press what they’re really referring to is the innocent disguise Ryan has pulled over his face to obscure the fact that he is an arch conservative who steals lollipops from the hands of babies when he’s not kissing them.

The Republican party’s unrelenting xenophobia will be an inescapable factor in the 2016 election.

(h/t TPM)

This entry was posted in Immigration and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Kinda sucks when you’re face to face with the very people that you’re proposing policy against isn’t it, Paul?

  • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

    Yeah, Ryan’s plan works….but only for imaginary people. Real people tend to gum up the works a bit.

  • muselet

    Since it was his book signing, Paul Ryan couldn’t do Rand Paul’s gulp-and-go to avoid a couple of DREAMers. Instead, he used what he learned in Question Avoiding 101:

    • Don’t engage.
    • Stay robotically on-message.
    • Hope security shows up quickly.

    Someone needs to follow Ryan around on his book tour in a chicken suit.

    –alopecia

  • WiscoJoe

    If you want to ask Paul Ryan a question, you are free to do so as long as buy a ticket to one of his private town hall meetings.

    If you want answers from Paul Ryan, you’ll get them as long as you buy his book.

    Gee, it’s almost as if Paul Ryan’s career in ‘public’ service was inspired by radical self-interest.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    It’s easy to be mean to Those People when they’re just abstractions. Being mean to real, flesh-and-blood human beings who are standing in front of you and looking you in the eye, is a lot harder. Ryan, et al. need the latter to remain the former.

  • Brutlyhonest

    They really are afraid of everything, aren’t they?

    • j hentai

      they’re well advised to be. i’d imagine if paul ryan or others of his ilk tried to expound their philosophy in the real world, not their hand-picked, $500 dollar-a-plate world, they’d be beaten up quicker than you can say “urban youth” or ” path to prosperity”.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “Mister Ryan, does thick, gooey swamp tar course through your veins and is there a radioactive ball of fungus where your heart usually resides?”

    “READ MY BOOK, YOU PARASIDIC LOWLIFE!!!”

    “So that’s a yes then? O-keydoke!”

  • Churchlady320

    Ryan takes ‘staying on message’ to the most insane levels.