What Could Go Wrong?

A former police officer and convicted rapist who tried to rape a women with his pistol has had his rights to own a gun restored by an appeals court in Georgia.

The full details of the assault he was convicted for are stomach churning and revolting and I won’t share it here, but I will say it involved using his gun to penetrate a woman. A gun he can now legally carry again. And that’s not all.

via ThinkProgress

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “[h]is record was filled with allegations of misconduct: that he beat a prisoner so severely the man’s brain bled; that he threatened to fabricate charges against a suspect so he could sleep with the man’s wife; that he pressured at least 10 women for sex to avoid arrest.” The former cop, for his part, is unrepentant. When asked about his sexual assault conviction, he claims that “[t]here wasn’t any crime,” and that “I was dealt a bad hand.”

When tragedies occur that were seemingly preventable, mental illness is a common scapegoat that people point toward, but there are also cases where preventable crimes are consciously enabled. This is one of those cases.

No one knows for sure if serial rapist Dennis Krauss will hurt anyone ever again, but why take that chance? Why enable him to carry a gun into bars, churches, libraries, or nightclubs; all of which are now perfectly legal in Georgia.

This entry was posted in Georgia, WTF and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    I believe it was Not Joe the Not Plumber who claimed that even horrifically slaughtered children do not matter as much as some asshole’s absolute rights to own, handle, and carry their guns with absolutely no responsibilities to accompany that right.

    This of course is not what any sane, intelligent or civilized person believes, but since the ammosexuals are making the most noise, it will be that much more work to restore sanity.

    • Tony Lavely

      “Ammosexuals.” +1 for that!

  • muselet

    And yet, in July of 2013, the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles restored [former police officer and convicted felon Dennis] Krauss’ right to carry a firearm. According to a Journal-Constitution tally, he is one of 358 violent felons who regained these rights over a six year period. That includes 32 violent felons who killed someone, and 44 who committed sex crimes. One man regained his right to own a gun in 2012 after serving a 10 year sentence for child molestation and aggravated child molestation. Some offenders regained their gun rights after being convicted of crimes such as armed robbery, burglary or aggravated assault.

    Take a bow, Georgia. You should be so proud.

    Hey, he’s going to need his guns to help repel the terrorist hordes coming over the border.