Category Archives: Election 2012

That Doesn’t Make it Better

It’s been nearly two years since former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney made his infamous “47 percent” comments but he’s still trying to explain them away. During an interview with The New York Times, Romney essentially said that he was … Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , | 7 Comments

Money Well Spent

Not that he’ll be held accountable for anything, but it looks like Karl Rove wasted even more money in 2012 than previously reported. ProPublica on Monday documented how the Karl Rove-linked dark money group Crossroads GPS spent about $11 million … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Ethics | Tagged , , | 4 Comments

The Next Witch Hunt

Expect to hear more about this fake scandal in the coming weeks and months. The House Oversight Committee will investigate a report from the New York Post that a jobs report was rigged before the 2012 election, but there’s a … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Conspiracy Theory, Election 2012, Jobs, Super Stupid | Tagged , | 8 Comments

DeMint: Conservatism Didn’t Fail, Romney Did

When you consider the words of Heritage Foundation president Jim DeMint, it’s easier to understand why Republicans are now demanding that we implement their 2012 platform in exchange for raising the debt ceiling. DeMint thinks the election results don’t accurately … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Election 2014, Ethics | Tagged , | 16 Comments

Snowden in 2009: NY Times Sources Should Be “Shot in the Balls”

I’ve seen complaints that we appear to be on a mission to smear Edward Snowden with some of the stories we’ve shared and questions we’ve asked — questions we still don’t have answers to — but I have to say … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, NSA, President Obama, Security | Tagged , , | 54 Comments

Conspiracy Theory

Let’s switch gears and talk about a different conspiracy theory. Remember unskewed polls? The author of that poll has found a way to fuse his conspiracy with the alleged IRS conspiracy. The president’s administration engaged in a systematic and wide-scale … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Super Stupid | Tagged , , | 6 Comments

Is Obama a Liberal or a Moderate?

It’s more than a little frustrating to observe accusations from the far-left that the president is too moderate, while the far-right claims he’s too liberal. Voters, on the other hand, believe he’s squarely liberal but not too liberal. This is … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Liberalism, President Obama | Tagged , | 7 Comments

Autopsy

Artist – Daryl Cagle In other news, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich reportedly came close to running on a single ticket to challenge Mitt Romney during the 2012 election, but they couldn’t agree on who would be on top and … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Open Thread | Tagged , , , | 4 Comments

From The Department of Outreach

We’ve been joking for months about the Republican party’s outreach initiative, or a lack thereof, but now they’ve made it official with the release of the RNC’s 2012 autopsy report which details how they can turn things around. Or so … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, War On Women | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

Priebus and Rubio Are in Agreement

“Listen, I don’t think our platform is the issue. I think a lot of times it’s some of these biologically stupid things that people say, you know, that I believe caused a lot of the problems.” -RNC Chairman Reince Priebus … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Quote | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment

Rachel Maddow Laughs at Reince Priebus’ MSNBC Remarks

Rachel last night: [Not sure why the video isn't working, but you can watch it here.] Either MSNBC is a poorly-rated non-player in the cable news universe, or it’s a highly influential election-winning player. It can’t be both, no matter … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, MSNBC | Tagged , | 3 Comments

They’re Abusing It, So We Have to Take It Away

More news from the Police State of Florida and how the Republicans seriously tried to steal the state’s electoral votes for Mitt Romney. No wonder he was so falsely confident of victory there. Two employees of a company once aligned … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Elections | Tagged | 4 Comments

They Can’t Let Go of the Southern Strategy

Romney yesterday: ROMNEY: We did very well with the majority population, but not with minority populations, and that was a failing, that was a real mistake. CHRIS WALLACE: Why do you think that was? ROMNEY: Well, I think the Obamacare … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , | 14 Comments

Shocker! Minorities Waited Longer to Vote Than Whites

ThinkProgress: During the November 2012 election, Black and Hispanic voters waited nearly twice as long to vote as whites, according to a Massachusetts Institute of Technology analysis. New York Times graphs summarizing the analysis show that white voters waited an … Continue reading
Continue reading Continue reading
Continue reading Continue reading
Continue reading Continue reading
Continue reading Continue reading
Continue reading Continue reading
Continue reading Continue reading
Continue reading Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged | Leave a comment

Michele Bachmann’s Rasputin

This is kinda weird and creepy: Michele Bachmann’s high-profile debate coach, Brett O’Donnell, developed an “unnatural” and “Rasputin-like” relationship with his candidate during her failed 2012 presidential campaign, another former aide told BuzzFeed, a charge O’Donnell denies. Peter Waldron, an … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , | 1 Comment

America Didn’t Vote For Divided Government

Listening to John Boehner and House Republicans tell it, you’d think that the 2012 election was all about the American people voting to empower the GOP to obstruct the president’s agenda at every turn. “The American people voted for divided … Continue reading

Posted in Congress, Democratic Party, Election 2012, Elections, Republican Party | 2 Comments

“The Worst Candidate in History”

Tea Party Nation finally tells us what they really think — that Mitt Romney was the “worst candidate in history.” Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips on Thursday disputed that President Obama claimed a mandate in November’s election, arguing that … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 10 Comments

GOP Strategist Admits to Republican Voter Suppression

Confirming what we already knew, here’s Republican consultant Scott Tranter (warning — link contains auto-play video): “A lot of us are campaign officials — or campaign professionals — and we want to do everything we can to help our side. … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments

The Both Sides Meme and the 2012 Election

Froomkin’s new article about false equivalences in the press is outstanding. The centerpiece: “If voters are going to be able to hold accountable political figures, they’ve got to know what’s going on,” Ornstein said. “And if the story that you’re … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 8 Comments

Yet Another Reason Why Romney Lost

Romney’s chief campaign strategist Stuart Stevens is still acting like an idiot. Here he blames Hurricane Sandy for losing the election: “After the storm, I never had a good feeling. Not that the storm impacted things so much, per se, … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , | 10 Comments