Category Archives: Election 2014

Sorry, But the Democrats Are Absolutely Not ‘Doomed’ in the Midterms

If you’re a Republican, you’re probably over-confident in your party’s chances in the forthcoming midterms. Of course you are. The common wisdom online and on cable news is that the Democrats are headed toward another 2010-style shellacking due to President … Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, The Daily Banter | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Karl Rove’s Ludicrous New Ad Casts Tea Party Republican as a Pro-Entitlement Messiah

It finally happened. We’re only a few months away from the 2014 midterms and I thought maybe we’d see a longer roster of infuriatingly misleading campaign ads from Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS outfit. But finally we have our first big … Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, The Daily Banter | Tagged | Leave a comment

People Are Still Giving Karl Rove Lots of Money

Karl Rove’s Crossroads PACs have reportedly reserved $20 million in ad-space for the upcoming elections, and that’s just the start. The targeted states include Alaska, Iowa, Montana, Arkansas, Louisiana and North Carolina. The total doesn’t count $2.3 million the group … Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Elections | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

9 Reasons Why Eric Cantor’s Primary Defeat Is Very Bad News for Everyone

While following the social media reaction to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s primary defeat Tuesday night, I couldn’t help but wonder why anyone outside of the tea party was celebrating this bizarre turn of events. By any measure, David Brat’s … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, The Daily Banter | Leave a comment

Another Deranged Republican Campaign Ad [Video]

Bob Quast threatened to blow your balls off, Matt Rosendale pledged to shoot down government drones, and Beau McCoy took a swing at a President Obama bobblehead. John Stone (R-GA) has one-upped all of them with a pledge to “stand … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Wingnuts | Tagged , , | 11 Comments

Over Ten Million Enrolled Is The New “Failure”

  With the news of Secretary of Health and Human Services Katherine Sebelius resigning, now that she’s essentially saved the Affordable Care Act from: The relentless onslaught of GOP-led government shutdowns and threats of economic destruction, especially in the weeks … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Congress, Corporate Crime, Election 2014, Elections, Ethics, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Healthcare, Republican Party, Wingnuts | Tagged , , | 8 Comments

We Watched the Psychotic ‘Blow Your Balls Off’ Campaign Ad So You Don’t Have To

We’re all familiar with the caliber of insane politicians in states like Florida, South Carolina and Texas. But it appears as if Iowa is making a concerted effort to field its own array of wackaloons in addition to, of course, … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Guns, The Daily Banter | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

Please, Republicans, Run Against Obamacare This Year and We’ll See You in November

Anyone who tells you the GOP is a lock for holding onto the House of Representatives while taking back the Senate in the midterms doesn’t know what the hell they’re talking about. Why? Because it’s April. The election isn’t for … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Healthcare, The Daily Banter | Tagged , , | 3 Comments

Blue Dog Dilemma

When a red state Democratic or a “Blue Dog” does something I don’t approve of, I don’t always make a stink out of it. Why? Because they’re dealing with people like this. It will take a lot more than a … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Ethics, Racism | Tagged , | 6 Comments

This Is What Is Wrong With America

Via Dorsey Shaw from an animation in the PBS film Park Avenue: Money, Power, & The American Dream. A recent study published by Dube on the minimum wage concludes: Raising the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, as many Democrats … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Economy, Election 2014, Jobs | Tagged , | 11 Comments

Projectile Peace, Love and Loathing For Auld Lang Syne

  I remember the Christmas when I got the Red Ryder BB Gun after I had been led to believe my best gift was going to be a very nice football and a homemade Easter Bunny suit from my lovably … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Christmas, Election 2014, Elections, Holiday Blogging, Republican Party, Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | 9 Comments

Sen. Tom Coburn Calls For ‘Ineffective and Inefficient’ Government

  While on Meet The Press, Family man Tom Coburn(R-OK) articulated perfectly what the Republican party thinks of effective and efficient government. Talking Points Memo: “The reason we’re in trouble on deficits and debt is not because we didn’t agree, … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Civics, Economy, Election 2014, Elections, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Government Shutdown, Healthcare, Patriotism, Quote, Senate, Terrorism, The Economy, Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | 3 Comments

Steve Stockman’s Campaign Headquarters Condemned

AAAHH-HAHAHAHAHAHA! Off to a great start there, Steve. Rep. Steve Stockman, the loud-mouthed Texan who on Monday announced a Republican primary challenge to Sen. John Cornyn, is known for barebones campaigning. Which is a good thing, considering the Tea Party … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Steve Stockman | 5 Comments

Crazy Steve Stockman Posts Incoherent Manifesto Slamming ‘Liberal John Cornyn’

There’s really not much of a chance that Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX), the internet troll who wastes his taxpayer-funded congressional salary by spending all day tweeting far-right zingers, will ever defeat Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) in the forthcoming Texas senate … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Steve Stockman, The Daily Banter | Tagged | Leave a comment

Yes, Listen to This Man, He Knows What He’s Talking About

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-Benghazi) admits that there’s no way his 20-week abortion ban will become law, but he believes this battle is worth fighting because the public is on their side. “The goal is to have a vote in 2014, … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Abortion, Election 2014, LGBT, Wingnuts | Tagged , | 8 Comments

DeMint: Conservatism Didn’t Fail, Romney Did

When you consider the words of Heritage Foundation president Jim DeMint, it’s easier to understand why Republicans are now demanding that we implement their 2012 platform in exchange for raising the debt ceiling. DeMint thinks the election results don’t accurately … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012, Election 2014, Ethics | Tagged , | 16 Comments

Rand Paul and Republicans Are Winning Like Charlie Sheen

Speaking at the Liberty Political Action Conference event this past Thursday, an event sponsored by his father’s non-profit, Campaign For Liberty, an event where everyone uses the world “liberty” twice in every sentence, the freshman senator from Kentucky put the … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Drugs, Election 2014, Election 2016, Elections, Epic Fail, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Lying Liars, Privacy, Racism, Rand Paul, Rebranding, Republican Party, Ron Paul, Senate, Stupid Party, Terrorism, The Economy, Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , | 6 Comments

McConnell Campaign Manager is ‘Holding His Nose’

This is the best thing ever. Mitch McConnell’s campaign manager has been caught on tape saying unfortunate things. In the recording, obtained by Economic Policy Journal, Jesse Benton — who ran Paul’s successful 2010 campaign before joining McConnell’s team — … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Election 2016, Elections, Rand Paul | Tagged | 3 Comments

Border Fence

Artist – Rob Rogers In other news, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has found himself a primary challenger. Meanwhile, Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr said today that retirees shouldn’t worry because their pensions will be safe for at least the … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014, Open Thread, War On Women | Tagged , , , | 4 Comments

Harry Reid Going Nuclear? Mitch McConnell Warns Democrats

“You will rue the day,” Democrats! That was an actual threat heard from the domestic terrorist wing of American politics during last Thursday’s showdown in the Senate between Minority Leader McConnell(R-Turtlevania) and Majority Leader Reid over procedural maneuvers Harry Reid intends … Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading
Continue reading

Posted in Civics, Democratic Party, Election 2014, Election 2016, Elections, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Harry Reid, Republican Party, Senate, Wingnuts | Tagged , , | 8 Comments