Tag Archives: 9/11

Beck Stokes Muslim Terrorist Rumors

Here’s Glenn Beck tweaking the paranoia and fear of his easily-influenced viewers, implying that the President of the United States is a terrorist Manchurian candidate. I can’t imagine anything going haywire with this line of attack from Beck and his … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

Best Person

Senator Jeff Merkley for this. But, many mosque opponents argue, just because it can be built does not mean it should be. They say it would be disrespectful to the memories of those who died on 9/11 to build a … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

Whoops! Fox News Investor Funded Park 51

In the above photo, we see Saudi Prince Al-Waleed with Rupert Murdoch. It turns out that the #2 shareholder in NewsCorp helped to fund Park 51. POW! …the Kingdom Foundation, al-Waleed’s personal charity, has donated a total of $305,000 to … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Jihad

They hate us for our freedom anti-constitutional screeching. Islamic radicals are seizing on protests against a planned Islamic community center near Manhattan’s Ground Zero and anti-Muslim rhetoric elsewhere as a propaganda opportunity and are stepping up anti-U.S. chatter and threats … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

The Screeching, Fire-Eating Mob

This video is disgraceful and makes me ashamed to be an American. Here we see a throng of ignorant fire-eaters protesting against Park 51 and subsequently accosting an African-American man who made the mistake of looking vaguely “Muslim-ish” (John Cole’s … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Ground Zero is Enormous!

Evidently the hallowed ground reaches across the country. Moreover, groups of Americans have been protesting the construction of mosques in Bridgeport, Connecticut, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and Temecula, California, none of which are mere blocks from ground zero. And Kentucky. (WHAS11) Protesters … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Hallowed Ground Defiled!

Fun fact about the current Burlington Coat Factory building: Muslims have been praying in the building for nearly a year, a fact that has got lost in the noise of the protests. IEEEEEEEE!

Posted in Religion | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

The Mosque at the Other Ground Zero

Specifically, the mosque inside the Pentagon — less than 100 feet away from the impact site. Why does the Pentagon hate America? ht Media Matters

Posted in Religion | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Palin Babbling About Park 51

Is she on amphetamines? I don’t think I’ve ever heard her this breathless and hyperkinetic. Suddenly Sarah Palin is all about governing by polls. Hmm. If that’s the case, why didn’t Sarah Palin support the public option? Why doesn’t she … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Hallowed Ground

Daryl Lang provides a series of photos of various acceptable trespasses upon the “hallowed ground” in the blocks surrounding Ground Zero. I think it’s worth summarizing the point again. If the blocks surrounding Ground Zero are, in fact, hallowed ground, … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Go Eugene Robinson

I like it a lot. Lies, distortions, jingoism, xenophobia—another day, another campaign issue that Republicans can use to bash President Obama and the Democrats. First it was illegal immigration. Now it’s the so-called Ground Zero mosque, which is not at … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Here's Some Good Old Fashioned Lying

Via Digby, the ultra-conservative National GOP Trust PAC released this propaganda video. You have to see it to believe it. It absolutely perpetuates and summarizes the array of lies about Park 51. And yes. They used footage of a person … Continue reading

Posted in Religion | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

New Huffington Post Column

Ground Zero Mosque Opponents Have A Lot of Work To Do Tweet and Digg often. And yes, it’s a day early.

Posted in Huffington Post | Tagged , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Quote of the Day

“Nice of you to join us, @HarryReid.” Sharron Angle via Twitter Yeah, good job, Harry. Empower the opposition. Smart.

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Predictable Cowardice

Harry Reid: “The First Amendment protects freedom of religion,” reads a statement from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s office (D-Nev.). “Senator Reid respects that but thinks that the mosque should be built someplace else. If the Republicans are being sincere, … Continue reading

Posted in Harry Reid | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Federalism Shmederalism

Conservatives pride themselves on their adherence to federalism — in some cases even threatening to secede due to federal government interference. But conservative domestic policy analyst Josh Barro writes: What I find bizarre about some of the conservative response to … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Flashback: Glenn Beck Hates 9/11 Families

Via Eric Boehlert and Stop Beck: Ironically, Glenn Beck is attacking Muslims for disrespecting 9/11.

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

It Wasn't a Backpedal. Sheesh.

I’ve been getting wingnut and firebagger emails all day hectoring me (for some reason) about the president’s so-called “backpedal” on the mosque. First of all, you generally don’t backpedal on prepared remarks as though those carefully constructed and vetted statements … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

F**k the Hallowed Ground

I’m not saying they should do that, of course. But they already have. If Ground Zero is such a sacred location that needs to be protected from a religious facility several blocks away — one that’s not even on the … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Piss Off, Wingnuts

The “ground zero mosque” story is pretty much a thing of the past at this point, but it’s worth mentioning that there were Muslim prayer ceremonies INSIDE the Pentagon after 9/11. You know, the building that was also struck by … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged , , , | Comments Off