Tag Archives: Election 2008

The Obama Team’s Farewell Gift for Hillary Clinton

This is too damn cool: Last week campaign disclosure reports revealed that Hillary Clinton had finally retired the debt from her 2008 presidential campaign—with a little help from the guy who beat her, Barack Obama. Clinton’s debt once totaled more … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Jake Tapper Drinks the Halperin Kool-Aid

This is crazy wrong. Jake Tapper — you know, another member of the liberal media, appeared on Laura Ingraham’s show and said this: “I have said before… [that I] thought the media helped tip the scales. I didn’t think the … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | 8 Comments

The Better Candidate?

“Oh come on, because we thought that Sarah Palin was the better candidate. Why did we not take [Tim] Pawlenty, why did we not take any of the other 10 other people. Why didn’t I? Because we had a better … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , , | 12 Comments

This Could Have Cost the Election

Testimony from the trial of John Edwards is making a bad situation look even worse. The ex-aide said that he complained to Edwards’ campaign finance chairman Fred Baron about hiding Hunter, but was rebuffed because the campaign hoped Edwards would … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , , | 13 Comments

Game Changer or Whatever It's Called

The HBO movie based on Mark Halperin’s unsourced, index-free book about the 2008 election has a new trailer. I’ll probably watch it, but I probably won’t like it for several reasons. 1) It’s based on a Mark Halperin book. 2) … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments

The Change We Believe In

Mayor Rahm Emanuel of Chicago, President Obama’s much-maligned former chief of staff, spoke last night in Iowa regarding the current state of the Republican field and President Obama’s accomplishments during his first few years in office. The entire speech is … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , , , , | 8 Comments

Of Course She Can Win

Of course Sarah Palin could defeat President Obama in a presidential election says John McCain, but she may decide not to. How convenient is that? Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has no doubt that his former running mate Sarah Palin can … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 21 Comments

Ted Sorensen's 2008 Convention Speech

I almost forgot about this. In 2007, Washington Monthly asked Mr. Sorensen to write the speech he wanted the Democratic nominee to deliver in Denver at the convention. Read the full text here. And take some time today to reflect … Continue reading

Posted in History | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

A Dangerous Game

This is a fascinating discussion on Hardball with Mark Halperin about the president and the ridiculous Muslim rumors. Halperin is right, of course, but he’s hardly innocent in all of this. Flashback two years and Halperin’s advice to the McCain … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Evil Mandates

Mandates are suddenly the devil. Even the progressive movement’s favorite presidential candidate in 2008 devilishly included individual mandates as a component of his healthcare reform plan. Like all three major Democratic candidates, however, John Edwards also proposed “at least one … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Bad Idea Jeans

Add this one to the bad ideas list: Vice Presidential Candidate John Edwards. Good one, Mr. Edwards. Sabotage the Obama campaign in exchange for an endorsement.

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Franken Wins Supreme Court Ruling

TPM: The Minnesota Supreme Court has handed down its much-expected ruling in the heavily-litigated Minnesota Senate race from 2008 — and it’s a unanimous one — deciding against Republican former Sen. Norm Coleman’s appeal of his defeat in the election … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Clean Coal Fakery

Something’s been bothering me about that American Coalition for Clean Coal commercial that runs all the time on cable news. You’ve probably seen it. It’s a clip of the president (then senator) during the campaign praising clean coal technology. Naturally, … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Fraud Is Fraud

Glenn Beck debating Scott Levinson of ACORN: So Glenn Beck’s argument is that 20 bad employees out of 13,000 means there’s a serious problem with ACORN itself. Okeedoke. I’ll accept that argument, if Glenn Beck will admit that all of … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

WTF?

Mark Halperin was wrong about everything having to do with the election. There was also that thing about recommending to McCain that he paint President Obama as a terrorist Manchurian candidate. If that wasn’t enough reason to question his credibility … Continue reading

Posted in Mark Halperin | Tagged , | Comments Off

Afternoon Awesome

Joint session of Congress certifies the election of Barack Obama. Go to 24:12. h/t Oliver Willis

Posted in President-elect Barack Obama | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Reid Tells Coleman To Concede

While I agree with the sentiment, I can’t imagine that Norm Coleman is intimidated by the mighty strength of Harry Reid’s advice.

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , | Comments Off

More 2008 Awesome

Awesome Cable News Moment of the Year (possibly of all time): Keith Olbermann announces Barack Obama’s election night victory.

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Victory!

I can’t imagine why the Bush foreign policy has been an epic failure. Condoleezza Rice in January, 2006 on the Palestinian elections: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also put on a brave face, saying “we still have every reason for … Continue reading

Posted in Bush Legacy Project | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Worst Person

The Republicans have awesome taste in Christmas presents. Chip Saltsman, the former campaign manager for Mike Huckabee, has distributed a goodie bag to committee members that includes a CD by Paul Shanklin, a writer of right-wing parody tunes who is … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off