Tag Archives: Election 2012

Confirmed: Murray Energy Was Completely Full of Crap All Along

Murray Energy, the Big Coal company that fired numerous employees after President Obama won re-election, is rehiring almost all of those who were fired. Throughout the 2012 presidential election, Murray Energy CEO Robert Murray used his employees as a political … Continue reading

Posted in Ethics | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

They Aren’t Hiding It

Yes, the Republicans retained control of the House of Representatives in 2012 thanks to gerrymandering, and they’re very proud of this fact. In the memo — titled “How a Strategy of Targeting State Legislative Races in 2010 Led to a … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2014 | Tagged , , , , | 5 Comments

Rick Scott: I Had Nothing To Do With That Bill I Signed Into Law

As you may recall, voting in the state of Florida on election day was a convoluted mess. Some people reportedly waited in line until nearly 2 a.m. to cast their votes. And now Governor Rick Scott would like you to … Continue reading

Posted in Lying Liars | Tagged , , , , | 1 Comment

Michele Bachmann’s Rasputin

This is kinda weird and creepy: Michele Bachmann’s high-profile debate coach, Brett O’Donnell, developed an “unnatural” and “Rasputin-like” relationship with his candidate during her failed 2012 presidential campaign, another former aide told BuzzFeed, a charge O’Donnell denies. Peter Waldron, an … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , | 1 Comment

The First Since 1956 to Win 51% Twice

The final count is in, and President Obama is the first presidential candidate since Eisenhower to win 51% of the vote twice. via Bloomberg Eight weeks after the Nov. 6 presidential election, a revised vote count in New York shows … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , | 4 Comments

“The Worst Candidate in History”

Tea Party Nation finally tells us what they really think — that Mitt Romney was the “worst candidate in history.” Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips on Thursday disputed that President Obama claimed a mandate in November’s election, arguing that … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 10 Comments

Fiscal Responsiblity

This is one part hilarious and one part depressing. According to Buzzfeed, the media is now fighting what’s left of the Romney campaign because the campaign has reportedly grossly over-billed organizations for the campaign’s own mismanagement. For example, on Oct. … Continue reading

Posted in Epic Fail | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Eric Holder Supports National Voting Standards

I love this: Attorney General Eric Holder said during a speech on Tuesday night at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library that it’s time to consider setting national standards for how elections should be handled. “A recent study by the … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , , | 3 Comments

Halperin ‘Doubles Down’ with Sequel to ‘Game Change’

The title of the new Halperin book about the election contains the most annoying, hackish and over-used political colloquialism of 2012. Total shocker coming from a hackish and over-used nothing like Halperin: Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, who wrote the … Continue reading

Posted in Mark Halperin | Tagged , , | 6 Comments

GOP Strategist Admits to Republican Voter Suppression

Confirming what we already knew, here’s Republican consultant Scott Tranter (warning — link contains auto-play video): “A lot of us are campaign officials — or campaign professionals — and we want to do everything we can to help our side. … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments

The Both Sides Meme and the 2012 Election

Froomkin’s new article about false equivalences in the press is outstanding. The centerpiece: “If voters are going to be able to hold accountable political figures, they’ve got to know what’s going on,” Ornstein said. “And if the story that you’re … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 8 Comments

Yet Another Reason Why Romney Lost

Romney’s chief campaign strategist Stuart Stevens is still acting like an idiot. Here he blames Hurricane Sandy for losing the election: “After the storm, I never had a good feeling. Not that the storm impacted things so much, per se, … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , | 10 Comments

Because ACORN!

You have to hand it to ACORN. Even though the organization dissolved several years ago, they’re still somehow managing to steal elections. 49% of GOP voters nationally say they think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama. We found … Continue reading

Posted in Poll | Tagged , , , , | 6 Comments

The Crazy Base Won’t Let the Republican Party Change

My Wednesday column and the crazy results of a new PPP poll: In the wake of the election, there’s no doubt that the Republican Party leadership is capable of making some adjustments to re-brand itself. There are plenty of ways … Continue reading

Posted in The Daily Banter | Tagged , , , , , , | 10 Comments

Winning More Latinos Wouldn’t Have Helped Romney

One of Romney’s former top staffers said the campaign shouldn’t have been as tough on immigration so as to pick up more Latino voters. It wouldn’t have helped. So far, Obama leads the popular vote by 3.6 points, 50.9 percent … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

The War on Christmas in the Daily Banter Mail Bag

This week’s questions for Chez, Ben and I: 1) Are you at all surprised that Republicans are finally admitting they tried to keep blacks and other minorities from voting in the presidential election and what do you think the admission … Continue reading

Posted in The Daily Banter | Tagged , , , | 6 Comments

Stuart Stevens: We Carried The Day By Losing

Here’s an impressively obtuse op-ed column from the chief strategist of Mitt Romney’s failed presidential campaign. Emphasis on failed. My favorite parts: When much of what passes for a political intelligentsia these days predicted that the selection of Rep. Paul … Continue reading

Posted in Epic Fail | Tagged , , , | 10 Comments

Lesson for Republicans: Don’t Screw with Jimmy Carter.

How did I miss this story? I had no idea that Jimmy Carter’s grandson was the person who discovered the video Mitt Romney’s 47-percent remarks and negotiated a deal to deliver the video to David Corn. Jimmy Carter’s grandson was … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , | 12 Comments

Super Stupid

A wackaloon state senator from Idaho doesn’t understand how the electoral college process works, and so she’s come up with a crazystupid idea for a Romney victory: states where Romney won the electoral vote should refuse to participate in the … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , | 14 Comments

The Federal Government Needs to Take Over Elections

My Wednesday column is about an idea that Republicans will totally hate. This probably won’t go over very well in the southern states where the whiny, pouty threat of secession has been revived yet again, but the federal government needs … Continue reading

Posted in The Daily Banter | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments