Tag Archives: Michael Steele

No Wait!

This is the Doof Quote of the Day: “We are cooling. We are not warming. The warming you see out there, the supposed warming, and I am using my finger quotation marks here, is part of the cooling process. Greenland, … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Afternoon Awesome

Chairman Steele’s job search isn’t going well.

Posted in Afternoon Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Steele Backpedals Again

After suggesting in GQ that abortion was an individual choice, Michael Steele is once again backpedaling: I am pro-life, always have been, always will be. I tried to present why I am pro life while recognizing that my mother had … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

Farewell, Mr. Steele

The latest issue of GQ: GQ: Are you saying you think women have the right to choose abortion? MICHAEL STEELE: Yeah. I mean, again, I think that’s an individual choice. Wow. Well that does it. Michael Steele’s chairmanship won’t last … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

No Confidence

Political Wire: Republican insiders tell Political Wire that a no confidence vote on RNC Chairman Michael Steele is likely to be called after the NY-20 special election on March 31 — regardless of whether Republicans win the seat or not. … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Master Blaster Run Bartertown

Michael Steele doesn’t run Bartertown.

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Steele Is Done

Conservatives are piling on in defense of the real Republican Party leader: the thrice divorced, pill-popping alleged sex tourist draft-dodger and Parkinson’s-mocker Rush Limbaugh. Seriously, place your bets. How soon until Limbaugh (or one of his loyal fanboys) blurts out … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

Steele vs. Limbaugh! Fight!

The back and forth documented here. I predict we’ll hear a borderline racist comedy bit about Michael Steele aired on Limbaugh’s show in less than two weeks. After all, whenever Limbaugh goes up against an African American, we get jokes … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

Scorpion Suicide

Michael Steele is “open” to yanking RNC re-election money for Snowe, Specter and Collins. You’re doing great, Republicans! Go! UPDATE: Steele backpedals.

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

Doof Quote of the Day

“No, no no. What would we do that for? What are you, crazy? No.” —Michael Steele when asked if the Republicans would ever consider civil unions

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Quote of the Day

“You have absolutely no reason, none, to trust our word or our actions at this point.” —Michael Steele I agree with Michael Steele!

Posted in Quote | Tagged , | Comments Off

A Fable for Lee

With all due respect to my friend and colleague Mr. Stranahan, I present the following fable — even though it’s become a bit of an overused thing: A scorpion and a frog met on the bank of a stream and … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

What Will Change?

The election of Michael Steele as chairman of the RNC is certainly a step in the right direction for the GOP, but what will it really change about the Republican Party? They’re still the party of racial fear-mongering and divisiveness. … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , | Comments Off