Tag Archives: Stem Cell Research

Lying Liars

McCain is following Drudge’s lead again. He’s including this ridiculous news item in his robo-calls now. Here’s the story. Drudge, Malkin, News Busters and all wingnut points in-between are ballyhooing an audio clip of Senator Obama from January in which … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

'Executive Experience'

I love politics. I love election years. I love just about everything about the American political process. The campaigns, the drama, the strategy and, especially, the history. Hell, I love it so much, I studied it in college and achieved … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Be Real

Posted by JumpyPants When you’re phone-banking or canvassing or just talking to somebody in the next six days, if they bring up any, and I mean ANY, of the absolute crap that McExplodinghead and his craven, venal, desperate “running mate” … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Spreading The Wealth

Barbara West from WFTV in Orlando, Florida, as well as throngs of screeching gomers outside of various McCain-Palin rallies, seem to really, really hate the idea of “spreading the wealth.” And you know what? Maybe they’re right. Stay with me … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

Former GOP Congressman Jim Leach…

…endorsed Senator Obama just because Leach is black. Wait. Get out! Leach is white? How can that be?! You mean to tell me that we shouldn’t take Rush Limbaugh or Pat Buchanan seriously? Well, I suppose now you’re going to … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

Enough! America Is Not 'Right of Center'

John Meacham is very, very wrong on this. America has always been left of center. Always. Not only in terms of political preference, but also in terms of voter ideology. Meacham argues that liberal presidents — JFK, FDR, etc — … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Ten Grand for Obama

So the Republicans are suddenly really into the idea of tinfoil hats even though in 2004 and 2000 they mostly laughed at our claims of actual voter fraud — as opposed to the random fake voter registrations for fictional people … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Sullivan nails it

Posted by JumpyPants From Andrew Sullivan’s liveblog: This was, I think, a mauling: a devastating and possibly electorally fatal debate for McCain. Even on Russia, he sounded a little out of it. I’ve watched a lot of debates and participated … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Murderers

Posted byJumpyPants I’m on a train now, typing on my iPhone, so I’ll be brief: McLiar and his anti-American VP gamble are working two and only two “issues” now: Fear and Hate When their supporters scream “kill him” and verbally … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Hi-ya, McNegative!

From Politico, comes this bit of great (though, at this point, not terribly surprising considering how smart and disciplined that Obama campaign has been all along) news: Branding his opponent as “erratic in a crisis,” Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Lying Economic Doof

McCain: “I understand the economy. I was chairman of the Commerce Committee that oversights every part of our economy,” McCain told CNBC’s Squawk Box. Reality: In fact, it is the Senate Banking Committee that has oversight of “banks, banking and … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

‘Senator – what economy are you talking about?’

Posted by JumpyPants BAM! Here we go! Just now, while Paulsen is in Washington de facto endorsing Obama’s call to revamp ancient regulatory systems, and while John McNutjob is in Florida talking about how our economy is fundamentally strong, Senator … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Mrs. Obama

One of Sullivan’s readers: I am a 36 year old African American woman. I have two girls ages 10 and 8. The country does not get the full import of this moment. My daughters and I sat together along with … Continue reading

Posted in DNC 2008 | Tagged , , | Comments Off

It Can't Be Governor Kaine

Via C&L: Yesterday on WTOP’s “Ask the Governor” hour, Governor Kaine said that he opposed using taxpayer money for embryonic stem cell research. Kaine said that he believed “there are huge advances that can be made in adult stem cell … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged | Comments Off

Cancer Cure

This is could be the one. A cancer patient has made a full recovery after being injected with billions of his own immune cells in the first case of its kind, doctors have disclosed. The 52-year-old, who was suffering from … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged | Comments Off

Racist

Bill O’Reilly: This isn’t, you know, the inner city; you would think that these [suburban white] kids would have some kind of a values system. Black kids don’t have a values system. Now where’s my m-f-ing ice tea!

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Desperation and Obsfucation

President Clinton continues to make me sad: And you just can’t be carried away by some of these things. I saw – y’all seen this television ad on, where Hillary’s opponent says I don’t take money from oil companies? You … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Desperation

Howard Wolfson is accusing Senator Obama of plagiarizing a speech passage from Governor Deval Patrick. Wolfson said: “Sen. Obama is running on the strength of his rhetoric and the strength of his promises and, as we have seen in the … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Memo to Hillary supporters in caucus states…

…she just dissed you. Imagine you live in Washington or Maine, let’s say. You just worked your butt off for the last couple months, writing letters to the editor, knocking on doors, making phone calls, all for the candidate you … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Caucus Blockus Liveblogging

11:11PM Markos: Per CNN, including super delegates:(2,025 needed to win) Clinton: 1,099 Obama: 1,039 This is amazing, since it includes the ridiculous practice of including super delegates, who can change their allegiances at any time. So despite Hillary’s huge super … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off